About me

Welcome to my blog. Im always looking for new ways of bringing people together to build campaigns. Im always amazed by the energy and passion of the people I meet and the different skills they bring to making change happen - the ideas we try out, the campaigns we work on, the relationships we build together. I want to share those stories with you. I hope you enjoy them!

Contact me

You've got an idea or activity that you would like to develop, an issue that matters to you or would just like to find out more? Contact me now by email, twitter, or facebook.

what does it really mean?


"Democracy", says Rancière, talking about the political reality he portrays in his recent book, Hatred of Democracy (2006), "appears as an inaccessible future only if we perceive it as a perfect form of State or a perfect state of equality. But that is absolutely not my intention. In my view, the 'not-yet' cannot be separated from an 'already-here-and-now'. Democracy exists only on the basis of the actions that characterize it and the texture of common life based on these actions. Democracy is not unrealizable in principle. Rather, it constitutes a principle that we have always known is interwoven with its opposite, and that constantly fights against this opposite. The horizon of equality is not something that determines the march towards some unattainable perfection; rather, it is something that provides the necessary stage for our thought and action."

what???



Digg!

0 comments:

Post a Comment